Search This Blog

Sunday 15 October 2017

Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves


The more observant among you may have noticed that my recent Brothers,Sisters series has disappeared.
The reason? Momentum has disappeared following my holiday break. As those who do this stuff know it is all about momentum.It may or may not reappear at some stage
The Pointer Sisters were one of  few acts to feature.
I have since doubled my Pointer Sisters collection by acquiring a Greatest Hits CD in Ullapool.
Had I had it then one of these songs may have featured.
Indeed Fire could also perhaps have featured in the Springsteen covers series.
Worry not , all things come to those that wait.

Pointer Sisters -I'm So Excited

Pointer Sisters - Fire


5 comments:

  1. I've always liked that cover version of Fire, that's one where Springsteen would not have gotten my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great songs, though their version of "Fire" nails it. I have their album "Steppin'" which features their 1st R&B hit single -
    the fabulous"How Long (Betcha' Got a Chick on the Side)".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Steppin' album is great I have a Pointer Sisters fan for a long time but missed it first time around Picked up a copy only recently (and need to get one in better condition now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Pointer Sisters a lot, but I had never heard Fire before. This is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling a weird deja vu...

    ReplyDelete