Search This Blog

Sunday 13 August 2017

Otis Redding in Europe


Today sees the final instalment of the Stranraer Sixties Soul vinyl trilogy with Otis Redding in Europe from 1968 on the Stax label.
It seems to be exactly the same album as Otis Redding Live in Europe from 1967 on Volt/Alco

His first live album and the only one released during his lifetime.A recording of a concert at the Olympia Theatre, Paris on 21st March 1967 with Booker T and the MGs as his backing band.

I'm assuming that it was the same person who handed these three albums in for charity. Someone who I would happily buy a pint for.

Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long

Otis Redding- My Girl

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to throw a third album into the mix and say this is very close to the same album I have called Live in London and Paris. Otis is the rare cat where I may actually like to listen his live recordings more than the studio ones. An absolute ball of energy.

    ReplyDelete