Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Burnt Offerings 32


And now the end is near , and so we face the final curtain.
After 32 posts dating back to 11th January the final three of the ninety six debutants in this series take their bow.
Another random mix this week. We start with The Killers the most successful  rock band to ever emerge from the state of Nevada.. I'm not particularly a fan but this song which I haven't heard for a while is rather good

The Killers - Read My Mind


If I was to guess where Renne Guyer comes from I would be sticking my pin in one of the Southern states of America. I would be wrong there as she hails from Melbourne, Australia.
She describes herself as a a white Hungarian Jew from Australia sounding like a 65-year-old black man from Alabama which is obviously miles better than anything I could ever come up with.


There hasn't been that much folk featured in this series probably because around the time of these burns (2006/2007) I wasn't really listening to as much as I do now. Probably an age thing.
We finish this series then with great English folk singer Anne Briggs a somewhat reluctant but extremely influential star



I hope you have enjoyed this series as much as me and have found some new artists to explore. 

3 comments:

  1. Outstanding eight months of posts, CC. Turned out to be an enjoyable mix of new music and old favorites. Hope you don't have to ask yourself, now what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed this series very much. Like, Brian, I expect a spectacular replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've a couple of things in mind.
    Nothing concrete as yet and certainly not anything that will last for 32 weeks

    ReplyDelete