Search This Blog

Sunday 28 May 2017

Some Sunday Disco Allegedly


A second visit today to the Disco Legends compilation which first graced these pages on Friday.
In addition to the two acts who featured then the CD contains a number of acts that you would pretty accurately describe as Disco - Heatwave, Tavares, A Taste of Honey and KC & The Sunshine Band to name but four.
Then there are some who I feel are more accurately described as soul hence this second post.
The Jacksons, Billy Ocean, George McCrae and the Three Degrees for instance plus the two featured below.

I'll file it away now

The Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World

Ashford & Simpson - Solid

7 comments:

  1. Disco sounds so much better to my ears now than it ever did. I saw Heatwave in 1978 - I was so young and into punk but it was a free concert in the town park, we only went for the fun and not for the music in that instance. I'd probably get a lot more out of the music now though.
    The second song here takes me back to record shop days as we kept a little list behind the counter of all the strange things we were asked for, which included many mistaken song titles. I can't see this one without thinking of the time someone asked if we had Ashford & Simpson's 'Soiled'...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like this Disco Legends compilation belonging to Mrs CC - must be a girl thing. Both of these tracks excellent but not really disco as you say. Ashford & Simpson sounds like a small Building Society!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Isleys - musically wonderful, sartorially naff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to admit I just grabbed that one by the Isley Brothers. Not exactly This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak For You), but I have always liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add my vote for The Isleys, quality tune. This album has some belting tracks. Tavares next???

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Islet Brothers are responsible for one of my all time Top Ten favourite songs...from their pre-disco era. That said, Harvest For The World is a former too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back in the day, some of the teenage girls from round my way who sitting in the park were sozzled on Martini, gave a rousing rendition of the Ashford & Simpson song, only they changed the lyrics in a way that would have made a sailor blush.

    Happy memories!!

    ReplyDelete