Search This Blog

Thursday 30 March 2017

The Captain


Scottish weather, eh?
Last Tuesday it was snowing so when we headed to Portpartick in the bitter cold sleety rain on Wednesday we took woolly hats, scarves and gloves.
Needless to say the sun ended up splitting the skies and I got sunburnt on the Saturday!
Mrs CC kindly sourced me the above  rather dapper cap to protect my thinning napper.
By coincidence the Kasey Chambers song The Captain features on the Sopranos CD I put on on Tuesday.
Strangely neither of the other two I'm giving you today do





Kasey Chambers - The Captain

Spizz Energi - Where's Captain Kirk

10 comments:

  1. Is that bunnet really there to cover a large Dwight Yoakam-ish bald spot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Kasey Chambers song

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing With the Captain is the worst of today's songs. It's rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not wrong there!
      It was either that or Captain of my Heart by Double

      Delete
    2. You did the right thing, CC, but it's close.

      I didn't grow up with Where's Captain Kirk. I have only known that one since the blogging years, but every time I hear it I like it more.

      Delete
  4. Gosh I haven't heard that Spizz Energi song in over 30 years but remember it from a mixtape someone made for me in the mid '80s. Had never heard it before not since, until today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson....I'm sure CC won't mind me doing this. But if you want to hear the b-side and a cover of the a-side by R.E.M.

    https://thenewvinylvillain.com/2016/12/06/wheres-captain-kirk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having to do a weekend catch-ups as it's been a hell of a week. We both know Kasey C is a cut above, but when combined with Spizz... Top post!

    ReplyDelete