Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Gangsta Rap


I wandered up to the till of the BRICC shop with 2 CDs to be informed that it was three CDs for a pound.
So it was back to what must be the most disorganised and thrown together CD section out there to quickly select a third.
I plumped for The Sopranos -Pepper & Eggs -music from the HBO Original Series.a double CD therefore giving 25 tracks for 33.33(recurring) pence.
A bit of a mixed bag to be honest as you can see from the tracklist
For my first pick I've gone for a song that I was sure that I'd featured before but apparently not Cake with Frank Sinatra. One which would have not been out of place in my name checked series and really only proper then that I next feature Ole Blue Eyes himself.
And finally some Italian rap courtesy of Lorenzo Jovanotti  the name on the CD although more commonly known as Jovanotti
The third Ballantrae offering will feature shortly

Cake - Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra - Baubles. Bangles and Beads

Jovanotti - Piove

8 comments:

  1. I was fully expecting the Jovanotti track to be truly terrible. I was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed a lot of charity shops doing 3 for a quid deals on CDs lately. Further proof that no one is buying CDs anymore (except us)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may well be right
      Going the way of the video!

      Delete
  3. I got hooked on The Sopranos right from the start (could identify with all the characters so closely - NOT!) and one of the best things about it was the music chosen for each episode. Bought the first CD with Alabama 3's Woke Up This Morning and Frank's It Was A Very Good Year which were perfect for the show. Not sure if this CD has such stand out tracks but hey, what do you get for 33.33(recurring) pence nowadays! Like Frank's B, B & B above but then again I like everything Frank did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worth it for the Tindersticks track alone....

    Still think it was the greatest TV series ever made. And yes, the selected music played its part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree in that it was one of the greatest TV series ever. My turn to ask CC if he minds that I include this link to my Sopranos post: https://jukeboxtimemachine.com/2016/05/30/alabama-3-curtis-stigers-and-great-theme-songs/

      Delete