Search This Blog

Sunday 2 October 2016

Some Holiday Hiatus Sunday Soul


Well you didn't have to wait long for the third and final instalment of the Stevie Wonder masterpiece triumvirate the ambitious and wonderful double album from 1976 Songs in the Key of Life

Here is Sir Duke his tribute to Duke Ellington and other Jazz legends followed by Pastime Paradise famously reworked by Coolio as Gangsta's Paradise

Sheer class

For a brilliant in depth appreciation see 1001 Songs


Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

Stevie Wonder - Pastime Paradise

2 comments:

  1. An album that I'm very proud and happy to own on vinyl. Loved it as a kid (one of my dad's mates who I thought was dead cool used to play it all the time) and I finally got my own pristine copy in the mid 80s as a riposte to some flatmates who only knew and hated the 'I Just Called To Say I Love You' era.

    ReplyDelete