Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Cat Covers


Chan Marshall aka Cat Power is held in high regard in this small corner of the blogosphere.
The only record of her's I have is her 5th album from 2000 and the one that gave her a degree of international prominence namely The Covers Record.
The cover above is a sculpture by Joan Giordano from 1978.
It is a collection of mainly covers (there is one of her own songs In This Hole) featuring her voice and some fairly sparse instrumentation.
I've gone for the obvious choices I suppose with her take on the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan.
I suspect that I should explore her work in more detail and that The Greatest is probably as good a place as any to start.

Cat Power - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction


Cat Power - Paths of Victory


4 comments:

  1. The Greatest is a very good album. I also like her second covers project Jukebox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some stunningly good tracks on The Greatest including the title track and Love & Communication, Lived in Bars... actually they're all fantastic. Must look it out in fact.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has made some very good records/songs.

    ReplyDelete