Search This Blog

Sunday 29 November 2015

Some Sunday Soul


Some funky Philly Soul for you today courtesy of the late great Teddy Pendergrass.

A recent Stranraer two albums on the one CD purchase - 1978's Life is a Song Worth Singing and 1980's TP for the grand total of 75 pence. 37.5 pence per album -a total steal.
Some great stuff from the former lead  singer with Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes
Sadly he was badly injured in a car accident in 1982 resulting in him being paralyzed from the chest down.
Fortunately he was later able to continue his musical career prior to succumbing to respiratory failure in 2010 at the age of 59

More Soul next Sunday but in the meantime Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose

Teddy Pendergrass - Life is a Song Worth Singing

Teddy Pendergrass - Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose

4 comments:

  1. That was a bargain. I don't have as much luck in charity shops as you, but you have encouraged me to spend more time searching.

    I do like some Teddy (the inspiration for Lenny Henry's "comedy" character Theo P. Wilderbeest?) but I was unaware of his accident. I also didn't know he was the singer with HM&TBNs. I feel suddenly humbled in the musical trivia stakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The power of Wiki Rol - I was also blissfully unaware of these facts.Good shout re THeo P

      Delete
  2. Due to an American holiday involving massive over-eating and too much family, I am late offering congratulations on your blog anniversary. Well done!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete