Search This Blog

Saturday 18 July 2015

Saturday Lucky Dip


Uncut's September 2002's Radio Radio compilation is an absolute belter - 18 cracking tracks plus Gary Numan.
Being Uncut there is a large slice of Americana - 6 tracks to be precise. Don't panic as much as I love Americana I will only subject you to one of them today although I reserve the right to return to the others at a later date.
The one selected is from one of my all time heroes Alejandro Escovedo.It is from one of the few albums of his that I don't have By The Hand of The Father -Songs& Stories from an Original Theaterwork
The wonderful female Spanish vocals are from the recently featured Rosie Flores.

This is followed by something a wee bit different- a wonderful instrumental from Frank Zappa which caught my imagination.
In addition to the Americana we will save the Scottish pop royalty in the shape of Roddy Frame and Teenage Fanclub for a later date.

More random nonsense next Saturday

Alejandro Escovedo - Ballad of the Sun and the Moon

Frank Zappa - Peaches En Regalia

No comments:

Post a Comment