Search This Blog

Sunday 12 April 2015

Some Sunday Talcum Soul #4


Just over half way through this series and I have come to the conclusion that I will have to repeat it further down the line as there are so many good songs which require an airing.
First up is one that I suspect will be familiar to some of you . From 1968 on the Jubilee label here is Timmy Willis with Mr Soul Satisfaction. The great Sir Shambling provides much more information on this record than I ever could.
On  Josie records a subsidiary of the Jubilee label but this time from 1965 is the wonderful voice of Charlotta Tillman with Baby I'm Serious. I haven't much more information on this one I'm afraid and unfortunately Sir Shambling doesn't appear able to help me out.
All you really need to know that it is utterly toptastic.

More Talcum Soul next Sunday

Timmy Willis - Mr Soul Satisfaction

Charlotta Tillman - Baby I'm Serious


5 comments:

  1. Two more good 'uns.

    Putting me in the mood to buy this new Northern Soul Odyssey boxset which I've just read a glowing review of. Not that I can really afford it at the moment.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely getting some soul satisfaction from Timmy Willis...! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another couple of crackin' tracks CC, great vocal from Charlotta...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Charlotta Tillman is new to me and a belter. Didn't buy any of these cd's after looking at the first couple and having most of the tracks on them, may need to look at the later ones.

    ReplyDelete