Search This Blog

Sunday 7 December 2014

Some Sunday Soul


Whilst doing my "research" for last week's Little Anthony post I looked out my copies of Volumes 1 to 6 of the Talcum Soul series.
The first of the series is subtitled The Sounds of Stateside and track one is the Northern Soul classic Seven Days Too Long by Chuck Woods from 1966 written by JR Bailey and Vernon Harrell.

Now I know next to nothing about Chuck Woods but I suspect that from the song, the picture and the  blurb above he could fairly accurately be described as a Young Soul Rebel.
And the fact that Seven Days Too Long was covered by Dexys suggests that he could well have been one of the ones that Kevin Rowland was Searching For.

Chuck Woods - Seven Days Too Long

Dexys Midnight Runners - Seven Days Too Long

1 comment:

  1. Great song from The Young Soul Rebel, perfect tune for Dexy's to cover...

    ReplyDelete