Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Going Back to Houston to Get Me Some Pants


Odelay from 1996 is Beck's 5th studio album and the one that I would argue is his best - others may choose to disagree.
It is certainly his most  commercially successful and  most critically acclaimed.
It's got a little bit of everything on it - hip hop,rap, country, blues, jazz and psychadilia.
And some truly bizare lyrics
This list from Paste Magazine gives a flavour of his lyrics over the years - a bit Dylanesque I feel or bonkers depending on your point of view.

I've had a Devils haircut in my mind for the last few days which inspired me to post this
I hadn't listened to this in ages but had a good sing-a-long to it in the car today on the way back from work

Beck -Devils Haircut

Beck - Where's It At

2 comments: