Search This Blog

Saturday 10 May 2014

Tartan Texans - Cosmic Rough Riders

A series on Scottish acts who have (in my opinion) been influenced, however tenuously, by Americana/Alt Country/call it what you will.


It's the turn of Castlemilk's finest to feature - here are Cosmic Rough Riders from their great 2000 album Enjoy The Melodic Sunshine on Alan McGhee's Poptone label.
Now this is at least the third post on this album, to my knowledge, over the last few months following on from Martin and George
They both write far more eloquently than me about this album so you will forgive me if I only have a little to add.
I only ever saw them live once in a three quarters empty Austin hall as the first band in a SXSW evening line up.I think I resisted the temptation to shout out "Gaun yerselves boys" but I could be wrong


Also, I can indeed confirm that they were never the same band after Daniel Wylie departed for a solo career as 2003's Too Close to See Far clearly demonstrates.

Three times in four months - I can definitely feel a comeback coming on!



3 comments:

  1. more toptastic music, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. Check out my brand new single. An album will follow later in 2015. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OG8Gw3MvPc

    ReplyDelete