Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Some Puerto Rican Girls Just Dyin' to Meet You


Like most folks  my  Stones collection is centred around their four great albums from 1968 to 1972 - Beggar's Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street.
However in my mid to late teens I was pally with a guy who was pretty much obsessed with the Stones and I grew to be quite fond of the likes of Black and Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You.

I recently acquired a copy of Some Girls and have been happily reliving this period.
Miss You has something of  a disco feel to it.
Far Away Eyes on the other hand is just a great country song.
I must get round to re-exploring those others mentioned above.

You will forgive me if I don't mention the band's name on the attached tracks for obvious reasons.

Miss You

Far Away Eyes


1 comment:

  1. two very good songs from what I think is their last half-decent album. Tattoo You is almost a cliched 1970s Stones album and Emotional Rescue is worse. But today's choice - good!

    ReplyDelete