Search This Blog

Sunday 9 February 2014

Southern Soul Sunday 19

                                                           
                                                                  Nice Gregs!

Whilst doing my "research" for this week's post I revisited Southern Soul Showcase - Cryin' in the Streets which has previously featured here as the precursor to Southern Soul Sunday and boy I'm glad I did.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you Mr Laten John Adams (1932 -1998) from New Orleans, Louisiana  better known to music fans as Johnny Adams
First up is his 1968 smash Reconsider Me  released on Shelby Singleton's SSS International Records label out of Memphis.
Now if you think that's good, and let's face it there is something seriously wrong with you if you don't, just wait until you hear the second track.
I Want to Walk Through This Life With You. Simply majestic, Total Quality. Nothing more to say.

The sleevenotes tell me that his first LP Heart and Soul is one of THE country soul sets of all time. I've yet to acquire it but I suspect that they may well be right.

Johnny Adams -Reconsider Me

Johnny Adams - I Want to Walk Through This life With You




2 comments:

  1. That could quite possibly be one of the finest tracks you've ever posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - I nearly crashed the car when it came on the other day!

    ReplyDelete