Search This Blog

Monday 15 April 2013

Mexican Monday


Following my recent posting of Flaco Jiminez' The Free Mexican Airforce I have foolishly risen to the challenge of coming up with a Mexican Monday series.
It could well be a short one particularly as I have already posted Flaco and also Mexican Joe by Jim Reeves.

However I'll give it a go!
Here is a fairly obvious one for starters.
A song which contains two lines which are up there with the greatest lyrics of all time

Wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana

Much better than Mr Ridgeway's subsequent Camoflache nonsense

Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio


3 comments:

  1. Tish Hinahosa(?)
    Borderline by Ry Cooder.
    Calexico - Feast of wire (aka The Finest Album Ever Made)
    Los Lobos.

    Are any of the above Mexican?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tex Mex I'm being obtuse and going for songs with the words Mexico or Mexican in their title

    ReplyDelete